A Woman's Addiction Recovery Effort|
3407 North East Avenue
Panama City, Florida 32404
Phone: (850) 769-6156
Fax: (850) 872-0089
One of the major problems women encounter is the social stigma attached to women with alcohol/drug problems. The purpose of AWARE is to allow women to cope with the social stigma of being a female addict in a therapeutic and educational environment.
For further information, please call:
- AWARE is a 13 bed facility with 24 hour-a-day, supervision.
- Length of residential stay is up to 60 days with a Halfway House program.
- AWARE is staffed with full-time addiction counselors and treatment includes individual and group therapy, drug education groups, family groups, and AA/NA meetings.
- Admission criteria requires clients must be 18 years old or older and have been unsuccessful staying alcohol or drug-free.
|Starting Over Straight
4000 East 3rd Street
Panama City, Florida
Phone: (850) 872-7676 ext. 4455
Fax: (850) 872-9202
- SOS is a 14 bed residential program that meets the special needs of adolescent substance abusers and prospective residents must be between the ages of 13 and 18 years old.
- All SOS residents are required to participate in an educational program.
- Adolescents live together in a structured setting, explore personal issues, and develop life management skills required to increase chances for recovery.
- Treatment includes attending individual and group therapy, drug education groups, multi-family groups, and 12-step support groups.
- Home Passes are considered to be an important aspect of the treatment process and are awarded based on the resident's current phase of treatment.
- SOS considers family participation to be a key component in the successful treatment of our residents.
- Parents, self-referrals, schools, Department of Juvenile Justice, and the Department of Children and Families make up the population referral base.
For more information regarding the SOS Residential Program, please call:
(850) 872-7676 ext. 4455
View our Wellness Policy
| Home | Prevention Programs | Primary Care |
| Outpatient Services | DUI & Drug Court Programs | E-mail Us |